Best ETL for Redshift?
- Talend has the connectors to Redshift ( tRedshiftOutput , TredshiftInput ) to read and write on Redshift without going throw S3
- With Pentaho you can store data in S3 then use COPY command to load data into Redshift
- Both ETLs have a free version that you can test.
- Talend and Pentaho offers some of the most deployed Open Source ETL tools and used in several critical implementations.
- Talend and Pentaho have strong community support ( 3 million downloads for Talend ), well known companies. Open Source Business Intelligence is growing fast and real world applications are widespread.
- Talend Open Studio and Pentaho Kettle are both user friendly, well documented and have a strong community support.
- The interpreted nature of Kettle makes it sometimes slower in some tasks compared to Talend.
- Talend is a single threading code generator Java (or Python for Mapreduce or Scala for Spark ) , Kettle uses a metadata driven multi-threaded engine. So it’s your choice: either debug generated Java code (Talend) or debug a graphical data flow (Kettle). Generated code is more preferable by most developers.
- Talend is very easy to use . Talend has Data Fabric software that groups all the products you need in one ( ETL, MDM , ESB , Big data ..etc )
- Talend is fastest Big data ETL (x100 Pentaho, This is because can generate native Spark code if you are using an HDFS cluster with Spark )
- In term of Cost, Talend cost less than Pentaho
- Pentaho has an additional reporting tool for BI, but it’s far from competing with big players i.e Tableau, Qlikview
- Both have subscription model ( annual )
Best ETL for Redshift
If you have any technical question. please contact us via this form below[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Talend Expert can assist your organization with the adoption of Talend’s suite of products, Talend consulting for Open Studio, Integration Suite, the MDM suite, ESB and Big data suite, and in any stage of your project including Architecture and Planning, Design, Development and Deployment, Optimization of data integration jobs, Audit .. etc.