Free and open source ETL for Big data
Pentaho is a commerical open-source BI suite that has a product called Kettle for data integration.
It uses an innovative meta-driven approach and has a strong and very easy-to-use GUI.
The company started around 2001 (2002 was when kettle was integrated into it).
It has a strong community of 13,500 registered users.
It has a stand-alone java engine that process the jobs and tasks for moving data between many different databases and files.
It can schedule tasks (but you need a schedular for that – cron).
It can run remote jobs on “slave servers” on other machines.
- Talend is an open-source data integration tool (with the full suite , ESB , MDM , BPM , DQ).
- It uses a code-generating approach. Uses a GUI, but within Eclipse RC, with an intuitive use
- Very large community , and more than 800 connectors ( the biggest connectors library )
- It has the biggest ETL community and many finance companies and investors supporting it.
- It generates java code which you later run on your server / deploy using manual or automatic
- It has data quality features: from its own GUI, writing more customised SQL queries and Java.
- It can run on remote and on local and the jobs can be used as java executable jars independently
- it has a on premise and Cloud version
- its mature and up to date on Big data technologies ( i.e Spark, Hive , AWS ..etc )
- Fairly priced and has subscription model independent from your project size.
Talend is more flexible , have bigger community , and has the biggest component’s connectors
Pentaho’s GUI is easier to but not as complete as Talend
Find here a detailed comparison :
If you would like to have a specific comparison , please contact us.
|Product||TALEND OPEN STUDIO ver.4.0||PENTAHO DATA INTEGRACION CE (KETTLE) ver 3.2|
|Manufacturer||Talend – France||Pentaho – United States|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 (LGPLv2.1)||GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 (LGPLv2.1|
|GUI||Graphical tool based on Eclipse||Design Tool (Spoon) based on SWT|
|Runtime Environment||From design tool, or command line with Java or Perl language (independent of the tool)||From design tool, or command line with utilities Pan and Kitchen .|
|Buy the FULL report here :Click Here||Buy the FULL report here :Click Here|
|Platform||Buy the FULL report here :Click Here||Buy the FULL report here :Click Here|
|Repository||Buy the FULL report here :Click Here||Buy the FULL report here :Click Here|
|Metadata||Buy the FULL report here :Click Here||Buy the FULL report here :Click Here|
Buy the FULL report here :
Buy the FULL report here Click Here